Website Marine Spill Response Corp.
Marine Spill Response Corporation is a not-for-profit, U.S. Coast Guard Classified Oil Spill Removal Organization. MSRC was formed in 1990 to offer oil spill response services and mitigate damage to the environment. MSRC offers a full range of oil spill response capabilities intended to help meet the planning criteria of the Oil Pollution Act of 1990.
MSRC is offering an excellent career opportunity for an Able Bodied Seaman with the leader in the oil spill response industry. Working a Monday – Friday schedule, the Able Bodied Seaman will be responsible for handling mooring or anchoring duties, vessel and equipment cleaning, maintenance, and painting duties.
- The ability to commute daily, and report back to the vessel within 2 hours to comply with MSRC’s emergency response mission.
- Current USCG license of AB Special (Min)
- License endorsements must list endorsements specific to; STCW (RFPNW, Able Seafarer-Deck, lifeboatman)
- Valid USCG medical certificate (STCW) required
- Capable of prolonged, strenuous work onboard vessels at sea
- Effective leadership and written and oral communications skills
- Ability to operate industrial equipment and their systems safely
- Ability to operate a personal computer
- 40-Hour Hazwoper is desired
- Employment is contingent upon:completion of a successful background check, pre-hire medical exam and drug screen; ability to obtain a valid drivers license, TWIC, and U.S. Passport
- This position requires proof of COVID-19 vaccination
- Responsible for the mooring or anchoring duties.
- Carry out vessel and equipment cleaning, maintenance, and painting duties
- Assist in the operation and deployment of response equipment as directed by the Master or his designee.
- Ensure the vessel and its equipment are cleaned and secured after each trip.
- Splice and care for all lines, especially when moored; ensure proper tension and apply chafing gear as needed
Physical Requirements Include, Among Others:
- Requires standing, lifting up to 45lbs
- Requires the ability to wear the personnel protective equipment prescribed by posted signs and written instruction
- Able to work in various temperatures indoors and outdoors in all weather conditions including heat, cold, rain or dry environments
- Ability to perform work in various sea conditions, under all environmental conditions, often wet/oily decks
Marine Spill Response Corporation provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
To apply for this job please visit www.msrc.org.