Website Flagship Cruises & Events
Set sail with a San Diego original. Our family business, Flagship Cruises & Events, has been serving and entertaining San Diego since 1915. We own and operate San Diego’s largest and finest fleet, ranging from luxury yachts to the Patriot, our 2,800-horsepower jet boat, to the iconic Coronado Ferry. We take great pride in our superior service and staff. We are always on the lookout for great people to add to our team. If you are looking for a unique work environment where you can further develop customer service skills and grow in the maritime industry this may be the opportunity for you.
Flagship Cruises & Events is looking for Boat Captains who must be able to work evenings, weekends and some holidays. Pay is competitive based on experience. These positions require pre-employment and random drug testing per US Coast Guard regulations.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the safe and efficient operation & navigation of the vessel in all weather conditions, as well as the safety of all persons on board
- Ongoing crew management, training & drilling adhering to all applicable United States Coast Guard, Federal and State laws, in addition to company policies and procedures
- Exceptional communication skills are essential
- Strong focus on safety and the ability to lead in the event of any onboard emergency
- Attention to customer service and guest satisfaction while providing exceptional hospitality to guests and coworkers
- Detailed working knowledge of all ships systems and their proper maintenance
- Ability to analyze and solve problems while prioritizing tasks in order of importance
- Ability to maintain calm and take control in various situations
- Strong focus on safety and teamwork with the ability to establish & maintain effective professional relationships
- Effective communication skills to direct crew, keep passengers safe and relay pertinent information
- Conduct thorough pre-cruise inspections while focusing on the appearance and cleanliness of the vessel
- Ability to lift fifty (50) pounds; moving furniture and other heavy items such as provisions up and down stairs
- Administrative and documentation duties as required
Facilitate crew trainings
- Vessel walk throughs and familiarizations with new hires
- Additional job duties as assigned
Requirements & Qualifications:
- Valid 100ton Masters License with a satisfactory record
- Valid TWIC Card, First Aid/CPR cards
- Per US Coast Guard regulations, must be a US Citizen or a Permanent Resident
- Receptive to working nights/weekends and major holidays
Flagship Cruises & Events is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We prohibit discrimination and or/harassment of any type, including but not limited to discrimination and or harassment based upon race, religion, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, pregnancy or relation medical conditions, childbirth, breastfeeding, parental status, veteran and/or military statue, disability (physical or mental) medical condition, genetic information or characteristics, political affiliation, domestic violence survivor status, marital status, or other characteristics prohibited by federal, state, or local law. Additional, Flagship Cruises & Events participates in the E-Verify.
To apply for this job please visit www.flagshipsd.com.