Website City Experiences
City Experiences’ passion is to provide amazing experiences on land and water. Our 40-year success through organic growth and acquisitions has resulted in a portfolio of over 25+ brands that welcome upwards of 30 million guests/riders annually. If you’re an enthusiastic team player who thrives in an environment where communication, creativity, and cooperation are encouraged, this may just be the opportunity for you.
About the Opportunity:
The Captain position is responsible for the safety of the vessel, for providing a positive guest experience, and supervising onboard operations crew. A flexible schedule is a must as it includes evenings, weekends, and holidays.
The perfect candidate takes pride in their appearance, has superb customer service skills, and posesses excellent communication skills. A flexible schedule is a must as it includes evenings, weekends, and holidays. This person will be adaptable, dynamic, and embody City Experiences’ RESPECT Service System.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Operates vessels legally and safely
- Supervises onboard Crew
- Checks fuel levels and participate in fueling. Monitors fresh water levels
- Checks Computer schedules for events and monitors schedule changes. Operates in scheduled time frame at scheduled locations
- Experience in handling of appropriates sized vessels
- Administrative skills, including some cash handling and computer skills. Follows established cash handling procedures
- Acts as Vessel Security Officer. Completes VSO
- Ensures proper amount of drills and training of crew
- Enforces crew and passenger safety
- Knows and uses vessel required plans onboard: Security, Environmental
- Fills out required logs
- Completes all reports including Event, Incident and USCG reports as necessary
- Reports unsafe practices or behavior
- Reports maintenance issues in a proper manner
- Works hours according to schedule
- Keeps count of persons onboard
- Reviews charter contracts prior to cruise
- Narrates harbor tours and finds wildlife during wildlife tours
- Pumps or verifies pumping of vessels
- Verifies that vessels are secured properly after events
- Additional job duties as assigned
Qualifications & Requirements:
- 100 Ton USCG License as required per vessel
- TSA TWIC card
- USCG MMD
- First Aid/CPR certification
- Security Training to VSO level
The RESPECT Service System embodies City Experiences’ mission, vision, values and operating principles. By creating a company culture that puts RESPECT at its core, we believe it will drive us to achieve our goal of becoming a Global Experiences and Transportation Leader.
City Experiences is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We prohibit discrimination and or/harassment of any type, including but not limited to discrimination and or harassment based upon race, religion, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, pregnancy or relation medical conditions, childbirth, breastfeeding, parental status, veteran and/or military status, disability (physical or mental) medical condition, genetic information or characteristics, political affiliation, domestic violence survivor status, marital status, or other characteristics prohibited by federal, state, or local law. Additional, City Experiences participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations.
Pursuant to applicable State and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.ultipro.com.